It was founded by Pope Pius V in 1507 on Tibaldis project: an extremely austere three-floor building on a square plan. In fact the front is severe with its windows without cornice. The plastic effect is highlighted by the large main door, the only jutting element. The college courtyard features porches with coupled pillars, while the upper floor is closed. The domed Oratory is to the west. Next to the College there is an elegant, neoclassical two-floor building, which was constructed during Napoleons time in order to supply the military school with classrooms. Today this building is the seat of the college administration. The statue of St. Pius V stands in the middle of the square. It is a refined example of the baroque sculpture by Francesco Nuvolone.